Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] If Wireshark is started with -i option it does not set wanted in

From: Anders Broman <anders.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2017 13:12:43 +0000

Hi,

I received this report from an internal user, does anyone know what have been changed?

When Wireshark is started with -i option it does not set wanted interface if the interface is a pipe

… has one script that first creates named pipe and then starts Wireshark on that interface:

serv308 [13:45] [/tmp] -> ps -ef | grep xxxx | grep pipe

xxxx  15565 15512  0 13:08 ?        00:00:16 /app/vbuild/ wireshark -i /tmp/pipe_15512

pipie_15512 is not shown in interface list and I consider this as a problem, can you please advise?

I used Interface Management to manually create new interface (/tmp/pipie_15512) and verified if decoding is working as expected. And I can say it is.

Regards

Anders