Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Adding decryption keys at "runtime" (dissection time)

From: Michael Mann <mmann78@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 17:07:28 -0400
There are currently two outstanding patches (https://code.wireshark.org/review/20585 and https://code.wireshark.org/review/20656) that want to modify a UAT at runtime for additional decryption keys/information found during dissection.  In this case the UAT is providing all of the "static" keys, but apparently these dissectors can have some at runtime too.  Are there currently dissectors that handle such a case so these patches can be modeled after those?

The only solution I can think of is to have a copy of the UAT taken (created in the post_update callback of the UAT) and then add the "runtime" decryption keys to the copy.  Not the prettiest so I thought I'd elicit other opinions.

Michael