Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Kasumi algorithm implementation
From: Pascal Quantin <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 09:33:50 +0100

Le 28 févr. 2017 01:55, "Joerg Mayer" <[email protected]> a écrit :
On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 10:12:00PM +0100, Pascal Quantin wrote:
> Nothing has changed since that time (except the fact that the link is
> http://www.3gpp.org/specifications/60-confidentiality-algorithms).
> As you said this was raised in the past so far not integrated to avoid
> being potentially sued (like for AMR codecs, SNOW3G and ZUC ciphers,...).
> None of us has paid a lawyer to verify whether we could safely add it or
> not.

What has changed is, that there seems to be a useable (from a copyright point
of view) source code implementation available where it wasn't before.

I still think that a pure source implementation is unproblematic. But out
of curiosity: Is there a link to the patent, so we may have a look?

A simple search on Google gives several links. Feel free to check whether you think they are applicable or not.

Regards,
Pascal.

Thanks
  Jörg

--
Joerg Mayer                                           <[email protected]>