Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Default enabled dissectors

From: Andy Ling <Andy.Ling@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 11:49:18 +0000

Thanks for the reply. I forgot to say, I’m building for Windows using cmake in case that makes a difference.

Do you mean others are not to be compiled or compiled but disabled?

I meant compiled, but disabled. Currently we have to provide a “readme” to tell people to turn off particular dissectors.

If the former, you have to patch the dissectors list (which file depends on your build subsystem, cmake or autotools) to disable the unwanted ones. If the latter, you can't AFAIK.

So it looks like I can’t, which is a shame.

If 2 dissectors clash, they can't be loaded.

They don’t clash in that sense. Both can be loaded. It’s just they both handle similar GIOP methods. So sometimes

the wrong dissector does the decode.

I think I need a way of generating a default disabled_protos file with my list in if there isn’t one there already.

I guess there isn’t an easy way of doing this.

Regards

Andy Ling