Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Default enabled dissectors

From: Dario Lombardo <dario.lombardo.ml@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 12:23:53 +0100
Hi Andy
Do you mean others are not to be compiled or compiled but disabled?
If the former, you have to patch the dissectors list (which file depends on your build subsystem, cmake or autotools) to disable the unwanted ones. If the latter, you can't AFAIK. If 2 dissectors clash, they can't be loaded. Even if you disable them. You'd get an error like

Err  Duplicate protocol name "FOO"! This might be caused by an inappropriate plugin or a development error.

Then: change the name or don't compile the "others".