Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] GUI Change for Wireshark Remote Interfaces

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2016 10:31:42 -0700
On Oct 27, 2016, at 3:36 AM, Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Should the tab title be "RPCap Remote interfaces" ?

The tab title should be "Remote interfaces".

*Currently*, the only versions of pcap that have remote capture support built in are WinPcap...

...and Npcap.

In the future, there will be support in libpcap on UN*X as well (that's a work in progress).

And the work I'm doing on that isn't limited to the rpcap protocol; it may also include other protocols, such as "run tcpdump over ssh" and "receive packets being sent by a Wi-Fi access point with {remotepeek, etc.}".

So let's make the tab title as future-proof as possible.