Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Sources of 61850 wireshark 1.99.0 skunkworks version

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 13:28:10 -0400

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 10:11 AM, Carlos Lucero <klicheandres@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello all,

I'm wondering If anybody know about the source code of wireshark 1.99.0 skunkworks version with some really interesting features about IEC 61850 protocols like GOOSE, MMS and ICCP-TASE.2.  Very good job!

I'd want to to add some features to this version like a more enriched description in MMS and GOOSE (some kind of human readable values with information for troubleshooting).

So if anybody knows about these source code or any documentation please let me know.

That version has been mentioned a few times over the years.  Unfortunately they don't make the source code available for immediate download but (based on the emails that I've seen) they *have* been responsive to requests for the source (contact person was Herbert Falk).

At least in those past instances the source code needed a fair amount of cleanup before including it in Wireshark directly - and no one has so far stepped up to do the work.