Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Compiling on Centos7

From: Peter Wu <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 22:01:15 +0200
On Thu, Sep 01, 2016 at 11:29:19AM +0200, Dario Lombardo wrote:
> After removing libnl3-devel I get (from cmake)
>
> -- The following OPTIONAL packages have not been found:
>
>  * NL
>  * PORTAUDIO
>  * YAPP
>
> -- Configuring done
> -- Generating done
> -- Build files have been written to: /home/osboxes/wireshark/build
>
> But I have libnl-devel. That sounds a bit confusing to me... Which lib is
> cmake looking for? Libnl or libnl3?
>
> Anyway, without libnl3-devel compilation goes to the end.

This is a problem with the FindNL.cmake file which puts the wrong
NL_INCLUDE_DIR in the cache if you install libnl3-devel after running
cmake with libnl-devel installed. If you clean CMakeCache.txt and start
over after installing, it seems to work (I tested it on CentOS 6).

Will look into this.

Kind regards,
Peter