Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] buildbot failure in Wireshark (developme

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2016 18:37:08 -0700
On Jun 26, 2016, at 6:16 PM, Jim Young <jyoung@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Time for a Petri Dish for OS X?

I'd say "time for a Petri dish that tests with several optional packages enabled and disabled, including libpcap and  GeoIP", GeoIP being the issue here (builds without warnings with GeoIP, gets warnings without GeoIP), but there's a tradeoff - too many tests means the Petri dish takes too long, which might discourage people from using it beforehand.

But, yes, an OS X buildbot would also be useful, for other reasons, and I guess we could make it a designated "without GeoIP" builder, to test whether building without GeoIP works.