Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Does it make any sense to supply Radiotap + 802.11 headers f

From: Yang Luo <hsluoyb@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 22:09:25 +0800
Someone told me that:
  • could you please automatically provide Ethernet pseudo-headers rather than Radiotap etc. when the WLAN NIC is switched to "managed" (STA) mode? The point is that Wireshark doesn't dissect frames whose 802.11 header indicates some Data subtypes (probably encrypted ones) although the actual payload has been decrypted by the NIC. So you can see the plaintext contents in the hex dump but the dissection says just "Data".

So it seems that Wireshark doesn't quite support option 3)?