Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Localization problem with UTF entities

From: Thomas Wiens <th.wiens@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2016 10:42:08 +0100
Hi,

when I switch to another language in Wireshark, some entries are not
translated, even when they have entries in the localization file.
These are always entries which have an UTF-entity inside the tr() brackets.
For example in main_window.cpp:
tr("Check for Updates" UTF8_HORIZONTAL_ELLIPSIS)

"Check for Updates" is not translated when I switch to german language
for example. If I remove the UTF8_HORIZONTAL_ELLIPSIS, then it works.

I think this has to be fixed in the localization file (or transifex?).
But changing the entry in "wireshark_de.ts" to:
<source>Check for Updates…</source>
does not help.

Any suggestions how to fix this?

--