Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Removing ADNS

From: João Valverde <joao.valverde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 23:40:56 +0000

On 18-03-2016 23:00, Pascal Quantin wrote:

Le 18 mars 2016 10:02 PM, "João Valverde"
<joao.valverde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:joao.valverde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> a écrit :

 > I pushed a change removing ADNS support. If anyone depends on this:
 >
 > https://code.wireshark.org/review/#/c/14519/

By curiosity, is ADNS support an issue?

500 hundred less lines of useless bit-rotting code to maintain. ADNS upstream seems dead and c-ares is superior in every respect.

I should also note that ADNS is GPLv3+, so not suitable for Wireshark.