Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] How do I log into gerrit these days?

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2016 12:53:05 +0100
On 12-03-16 18:32, Richard Sharpe wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 12, 2016 at 4:47 AM, Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 10-03-16 05:55, Richard Sharpe wrote:

>>> That didn't actually answer the question.
>>>
>>> I had to guess that google-oauth[2]-blah-blah was the correct thing to use.
>>>
>>> It worked, however.
>>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Are you saying that this line of the referenced Wiki page is incorrect/unhelpful?
>>
>> "Go to Wireshark's Gerrit Code Review site and sign in. Gerrit supports OpenID,
>> so if you've got an account with Google, Yahoo, Launchpad, Wordpress, Blogger or
>> any of a dozen other OpenID providers you will be able to use that account."
>
> Well, it wasn't clear what I should do when I got there, so I clicked
> on what looked reasonable and it worked.
>
> I have already reached that page before asking the question.
>
> Perhaps the page in question could have clarifying words like "Click
> the appropriate link below to authenticate'
>
> Attached is a screen shot of that page.
>
> So, should I enter my username in the first field and click one of the
> links? Which one? The first two do not mention the work sign in, etc.
>
> It is confusing. Eventually, I figured it out, but it shouldn't take that long.

Hi,

Now I see, for someone unfamiliar with OpenID(1) it's not immediately obvious
how this thing works. But anyone reasonably intelligent should be able to figure
it out easily, as you've experienced. Granted, the page is a bid sparse, a line
like you proposed would be fitting.

(1) Making assumptions here, talking in the general sense.

Thanks,
Jaap