Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] How do I log into gerrit these days?

From: Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2016 09:32:22 -0800
On Sat, Mar 12, 2016 at 4:47 AM, Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 10-03-16 05:55, Richard Sharpe wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 10:43 AM, Graham Bloice
>> <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> https://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/SubmittingPatches
>>
>> That didn't actually answer the question.
>>
>> I had to guess that google-oauth[2]-blah-blah was the correct thing to use.
>>
>> It worked, however.
>>

> Hi,
>
> Are you saying that this line of the referenced Wiki page is incorrect/unhelpful?
>
> "Go to Wireshark's Gerrit Code Review site and sign in. Gerrit supports OpenID,
> so if you've got an account with Google, Yahoo, Launchpad, Wordpress, Blogger or
> any of a dozen other OpenID providers you will be able to use that account."

Well, it wasn't clear what I should do when I got there, so I clicked
on what looked reasonable and it worked.

I have already reached that page before asking the question.

Perhaps the page in question could have clarifying words like "Click
the appropriate link below to authenticate'

Attached is a screen shot of that page.

So, should I enter my username in the first field and click one of the
links? Which one? The first two do not mention the work sign in, etc.

It is confusing. Eventually, I figured it out, but it shouldn't take that long.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe