Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] linking errors on Windows

From: Roland Knall <rknall@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 06:57:33 +0100
Hi

Could you provide some form of linker output so that we could see, which functions you are talking about?

regards
Roland

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 6:25 AM, Edwin Groothuis <Edwin.Groothuis@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Greetings,

I’m in the process of upgrading an 1.10 environment into the 2.0 century and run in one last problem: The functions from a new file in epan/ don’t get recognized by the linker for VS2013. I have added it to Makefile.common, the include file contains the WS_DLL_PUBLIC declaration. In the past I needed to add the symbol to libwireshark.def, but that file seems to have disappeared in 2.0.

Who has a push in the right direction for me to get these functions properly exported in a 2.0 environment so the VS2013 linker can resolve them?

Edwin