Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] linking errors on Windows

From: João Valverde <joao.valverde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 09:13:25 +0000

On 24-02-2016 05:25, Edwin Groothuis wrote:
Greetings,

I�m in the process of upgrading an 1.10 environment into the 2.0 century
and run in one last problem: The functions from a new file in epan/
don�t get recognized by the linker for VS2013. I have added it to
Makefile.common, the include file contains the WS_DLL_PUBLIC
declaration. In the past I needed to add the symbol to libwireshark.def,
but that file seems to have disappeared in 2.0.

Which file is that? Do you mean ws_symbol_export.h?

Who has a push in the right direction for me to get these functions
properly exported in a 2.0 environment so the VS2013 linker can resolve
them?

Edwin