Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Testing the new created .dll

From: "FIXED-TERM Scholz Tobias (DC-IA/EAI)" <fixed-term.Tobias.Scholz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 08:24:01 +0000
Hello,

since I have compiled my new functions successfully for 2.1.0, I wanted to test it. On my computer it completely works for win64 and for win32 Wireshark 2.1.0 builds. Now I wanted to test the new Plug-In on the current available user version of Wireshark (2.0.1) on a different computer.

Therefore I copied the new created .dll-file into the installed user versions path „wireshark\plugins\...“. (Do I have to copy another file into the user version or is it still just the new created .dll-file for Wireshark 2.x?)

It appears that I’m now getting an Error, which crashes the program, while starting Wireshark 2.0.1.
The Error:      “Err Field ‘Value’ (pn_io.profidrive.parameter.value_float) is a FT_ABSOLUTE_TIME but is being displayed as BASE_NONE instead of as a time”

First off all, I even didn’t change anything for this variable. Second point is, that in my source code for 2.1.0 the type of this variable is defined as FT_FLOAT with BASE_NONE. So why is he telling me that I am using FT_ABSOLUTE_TIME? To be sure about the problem, I made a comparison between the original source codes of 2.0.1 and 2.1.0 and even there the type is FT_FLOAT with BASE_NONE. Furthermore I searched in the complete Wireshark source code files for this variable and the only file I found, was the file I am editing and where the type is correctly defined. At least I also cleaned the solution and built it again, but still the same problem appears. So I am a little bit confused, where he gets the value FT_ABSOLUTE_TIME for this variable?

Can someone help me what’s going on there?

Thanks in advance!

T. Scholz