Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Setting up git for gerrit

From: Dario Lombardo <dario.lombardo.ml@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 12:30:39 +0100

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 12:11 PM, Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Unfortunately I've never run git over http(s), so have no advice to offer.  I suggest you continue without the luxury of git-review for the moment.

A quick hack for pushing to gerrit without git-review is to add this to .gitconfig

[alias]
  push-wireshark = "!git push origin HEAD:refs/for/master/`git rev-parse --abbrev-ref HEAD`"

if you run git push-wireshark it pushes the current branch to gerrit using the current branch name as topic. Just be sure your origin remote points to a working one you can push on manually.

my 2 cents.
Dario.