Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Dissect using val_to_str from external file

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 10:25:49 +0000

On 11 November 2015 at 10:11, Jo <wireshark@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello Bill,

thank you for your quick answer.

I am developing a plugin. Am I on my windows development machine
limited to the Wireshark API exposed to plugins (aka
libwireshark.def)?

Can I somewhere request that ipproto_val_ext is exported for plugins?

Recent versions of Wireshark no longer use libwireshark.def to control the export of symbols, instead the symbol is marked for export in its declaration by the use of WS_DLL_PUBLIC, e.g.

     WS_DLL_PUBLIC const char *ipprotostr(const int proto);

See ws_symbol_export.h for the details.

--
Graham Bloice