Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Change in wireshark[master]: Convert "dissector filter" regi

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 09:47:31 -0700
> On Oct 25, 2015, at 7:33 AM, Michael Mann (Code Review) <code-review-do-not-reply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Michael Mann has uploaded a new change for review.
>
>  https://code.wireshark.org/review/11263
>
> Change subject: Convert "dissector filter" registrations to "dissector color filter" registration so they are populated in the Qt GUI.

OK, we have epan/dissector_filter.{c,h}, which have "Routines for dissector generated display filters", and epan/color_dissector_filter.{c,h}, which have "Routines for dissector generated display filters".

The first of those add to a list named "dissector_filter_list", which is only used by the GTK+ code.

The second of those add to a list named "color_conv_filter_list", which is used both by the GTK+ code and the Qt code.

What are the purposes of those two different types of filter?

Is there a good reason why filters of the first type aren't shown in the Qt UI and filters of the second type are?