Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Greetings and Where to Start

From: Breanna Devore-McDonald <Breanna.S.Devore-McDonald.1@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2015 03:12:05 -0400
Hello,

My name is Breanna and I am a junior Computer Science/ Cyber Security undergrad at the University of Notre Dame. I am currently in a Data Structures course which requires me to find an interesting open-source project to *hopefully* contribute to, using the knowledge I should gain throughout the semester in optimizing code using data structures. I recently heard of Wireshark through my Computer Networks course and I am very interested and would love to find a way to contribute. However, I have no idea where to start. Do you think there's any place in the Wireshark code where I could help? (Or maybe, if it seems Wireshark is not the right fit for me, do you know of any projects that could fit?)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
-Breanna

--
Breanna DeVore-McDonald