Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Extcap - more documentation please

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 13:45:50 +0100
Could the folks that now anything about extcap please add some more documentation, currently we just have the api doc, an old SharkFest presentation and the code as far as I know.

Questions have come up on Ask Wireshark from time to time which seem to lead to an answer of "use extcap", but when there's hardly any documentation to point folks to it's no wonder they aren't aware of it.

As I see it we need at least a mention in the User\Dev Guide, something on the Wiki, and a bit more in the api doc.

The api doc also doesn't appear in the list of manpages (https://www.wireshark.org/docs/man-pages/) but I'm not sure if that's 1.12.x or 1.99.x.

--
Graham Bloice