Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark messages I don't want to see

From: Peter Wu <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 20:19:35 +0200
Hi J�rg,

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 08:01:38PM +0200, Joerg Mayer wrote:
> ... but have no idea how to find or fix:
>
> jmayer@egg privat$ wireshark -r 6.pcap.gz
> /home/jmayer/work/wireshark/git/epan/address.h:158:5: runtime error: null pointer passed as argument 1, which is declared to never be null
> /home/jmayer/work/wireshark/git/epan/address.h:158:5: runtime error: null pointer passed as argument 2, which is declared to never be null
> /home/jmayer/work/wireshark/git/epan/crypt/airpdcap.c:1558:16: runtime error: index 256 out of bounds for type 'AIRPDCAP_SEC_ASSOCIATION [256]'

These messages are from ubsan (Undefined Behavior Sanitizer). In order
to debug such issues, I suggest setting these options:

export UBSAN_OPTIONS=print_stacktrace=1 \
ASAN_OPTIONS=strip_path_prefix=/home/jmayer/work/wireshark/git/ \

It produces the stack trace of the origin and strips the common source
prefix. See http://stackoverflow.com/q/30809022 if you want to use gdb
to break on such reports.

> git head as of 6-7 hours ago, qt only.
> I loaded an 802.11 trace, added a wpa2 key and looked at the result. The trace
> is probably confidential (will need to ask).
> Please let me know what information is needed to get rid of the first 3 messages
> in particular.

A stacktrace would be helpful :-)
--
Kind regards,