Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Latest code broken?

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 23:39:43 -0700
On Mar 16, 2015, at 11:14 PM, Anil <anilkumar911@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> compiling on a different machine, the problem does not show up. Wondering what cleanup needs to be done on the old build machine. Are there any files other than under the source tree, that needs to be cleaned up ?

If you built from a Git checkout, then:

	if you built with ./configure rather than CMake, I would do:

		make maintainer-clean
		./autogen.sh
		./configure
		make

	if you built with CMake, I would, from the directory in which the Wireshark source directory is contained:

		rm -rf build
		mkdir build
		cd build
		cmake ../{the name of the Wireshark source directory}
		make

If you built from a downloaded source tarball, I would:

	download the latest source tarball;

	do an rm -rf of the Wireshark source directory;

	extract from the source tarball;

	then:

		if you are building with ./configure rather than CMake:

			cd to the extracted source directory;
			./configure;
			make

		if you are building with CMake:

			mkdir build (if that fails with "File exists", do "rm -rf build" followed by "mkdir build");