Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Win 8.1 buildbot failing tests

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 15:33:05 +0000
On 12 March 2015 at 15:14, Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 12 March 2015 at 15:01, Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 03/12/15 08:05, Graham Bloice wrote:
The error seems to be running tests with a CMake out-of-tree build, I
see the same issue locally.

 From the test output:

global_config_path =
'C:\buildbot\wireshark\wireshark-master-32\windows-8.1-x86\build\cmbuild\run\RelWithDebInfo\epan\wslua\'

but the lua files (init.lua etc.) are in
C:\buildbot\wireshark\wireshark-master-32\windows-8.1-x86\build\cmbuild\run\RelWithDebInfo\lua

Yes, wslua doesn't work/build well with cmake.  (As mentioned recently) I fixed that with autotools (starting with https://code.wireshark.org/review/3348).  The commit message in that change suggests what (I think) needs to be changed to make it work with cmake--of course I left that for someone with the apparently-necessary cmake book to do. :-)

On Windows, I think it's the layout that's wrong somewhere.  When Wireshark is actually installed, the lua files are in a lua subdirectory of the Wireshark directory, e.g. C:\Program Files\Wireshark\lua.  C:\Program Files\Wireshark is the global configuration directory and the lua files are one subdir down.

CMake recreates the runtime environment in the appropriate "run" directory, e.g. ...\run\relWithDebInfo, and that is the global config directory for the build, but the tests (or something else) now expects the lua files in globalconfig\epan\wslua (as reported by the test code).

So for me the question is why do the tests (or the CMake built executable) expect the lua files to be in the different place?

Oops, typed in haste, a Windows install puts the lua files in the main Wireshark directory.  This still doesn't answer my question as to why the tests have (for the 8.1. buildbot) the global config dir as:

--
Graham Bloice