Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Protocol stats list in GUI

From: Hadriel Kaplan <hadrielk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2015 14:27:19 -0500
With the addition of another protocol statistic [1], I noticed the list of the various stats is growing long and ugly in the Statistics menu of the GUIs (both GTK and Qt).  It's also a jumble of generic things such as 'Flow Graph' and 'Compare...', and protocol-specific stats. And some of those protocol-specific ones are arguably "niche" protocols - i.e., ones that only a very small population of Wireshark users would ever use.

Perhaps the protocol-specific ones should be moved to a "Protocol" sub-menu of Statistics?  Or we could leave HTTP, TCP StreamGraph, and WLAN Traffic at the Statistics menu level, and move the other protocol-specific ones to a "Other Protocols" sub-menu?

And Flow Graph isn't really a statistic - perhaps move it to the Analyze menu?

-hadriel

[1] for DNS in https://code.wireshark.org/review/#/c/6236/