Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] The possibility of a curses based Wireshark

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 11:46:08 -0800
On Nov 28, 2014, at 11:26 AM, Stephen Fisher <sfisher@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On a similar note: GLib has many non-GUI features that we use and Qt
> provides similar functionality.  Are we going to move everything to Qt's
> way of doing things, or keep Glib around even if we don't use GTK or
> roll our own utility functions/variable types/etc.

I don't think completely eliminating GLib is a project for 2.0 (or whatever the version number of the Qt-as-the-default Wireshark will be).

That might happen in the future, but that means changing a lot more of Wireshark to C++ code.  I don't have a problem with doing that, but I do note, for what it's worth, that I can see the compile process notably slow down once it hits the ui/qt directory. :-)