Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Conflicts: field in commit messages

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 21:13:08 +0200
Hi All,

I usually leave the "Conflicts: ..." in the commit message after
resolving conflicts to document that the merge was not automatic.
Should I continue doings so you prefer removing this from the commit message?
Guy raised the issue in https://code.wireshark.org/review/#/c/4438 ,
but I think the question deserves more attention than being just a
valid code-review comment.

Hi Balint,

I also remove the conflicts lines as IMHO they do not bring any added value. That said I could change my habit if other people think it is not the *right way* to do things :)

Cheers,
Pascal.