Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Can Gerrit update a change when it's cherry-picked to anothe

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2014 14:31:14 -0400
On 09/04/14 14:10, Alexis La Goutte wrote:
On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 8:05 PM, Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 09/04/14 13:43, Alexis La Goutte wrote:

Hi Jeff,

No, it is not possible... (never modified a commit push on master...)

Note that I don't care about modifying the commit on master just the change
in Gerrit.  I can certainly add comments to a change after it's been merged.

There is already :

Patch Set 2: Cherry Picked

This patchset was cherry picked to branch master-1.12 as commit
fd091c4517101d0148b4308bb53a99724147ab94

https://code.wireshark.org/review/#/c/3959/

(if you use cherry-pick button on Gerrit)

Hmmm, odd, yeah, I remember seeing that before too. But it's not there for this change:

https://code.wireshark.org/review/#/c/2646/

which I recently cherry-picked to master-1.12 (via the Gerrit web interface):

https://code.wireshark.org/review/#/c/3989/

OK, well, I guess I'll chalk that up to Gerrit having a bad day.