Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Can Gerrit update a change when it's cherry-picked to anothe

From: Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 20:10:58 +0200
On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 8:05 PM, Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 09/04/14 13:43, Alexis La Goutte wrote:
>>
>> Hi Jeff,
>>
>> No, it is not possible... (never modified a commit push on master...)
>

> Note that I don't care about modifying the commit on master just the change
> in Gerrit.  I can certainly add comments to a change after it's been merged.

There is already :

Patch Set 2: Cherry Picked

This patchset was cherry picked to branch master-1.12 as commit
fd091c4517101d0148b4308bb53a99724147ab94

https://code.wireshark.org/review/#/c/3959/

(if you use cherry-pick button on Gerrit)

>> Or need to fix in master-1.12 and backport to master...
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 7:31 PM, Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I would be really nice if, when we cherry-pick a change to a new branch
>>> (e.g., from master to master-1.12), that the original change had some log
>>> of
>>> it.  That way we can just say "see change XXXX" and there would be links