Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-announce] Wireshark 1.12.0rc3 is now available

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 09:18:27 -0400
On 07/31/14 06:42, B�lint R�czey wrote:
Another thing to consider is the availability of cmake which does not require
additional files in a distribution tarball like autotools. If all platforms
support cmake, what about dropping the autotools-generated stuff?
+1 for dropping autotools in favor of CMake. CMake already covers all
my use cases.

There's still a long list of pretty important things listed under "what needs to be done" in README.cmake.