Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-announce] Wireshark 1.12.0rc3 is now available

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 09:34:48 -0700
On 7/31/14 6:08 AM, Graham Bloice wrote:
> On 31 July 2014 11:42, Bálint Réczey <balint@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:balint@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     +1 for dropping autotools in favor of CMake. CMake already covers all
>     my use cases.

Same here except for Windows. I've been doing most of my Qt development
using Qt Creator + CMake. It doesn't have all the conveniences of Qt
Creator + QMake but it works well enough.

>     I also support dropping nmake, but since I'm not building on Windows I
>     can't tell if CMake is complete enough.
>
> Not yet.  Working on it though.

I added "msbuild" steps to the Windows buildslaves after the "cmake"
steps. The 32-bit build succeeds although I haven't tried running it.
The 64-bit build passes /MACHINE:X86 to the linker which then fails.

Once we get CMake working on Windows we can drop the requirement for
QMake and remove ui/qt/Qtshark.pro.