Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Oldest version of VS supported?

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 19:03:08 +0100
On 24 July 2014 18:59, Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 07:51:37PM +0200, Pascal Quantin wrote:
> Le 24/07/2014 19:39, Joerg Mayer a écrit :
[...]
> > Hmm, OK. So we need an updated developer's guide setup section. I will try
> > to update my Windows vom 2010 to 2013 and see how it goes - just have to
> > find out how to snapshot the VM first ;->
> > Could you update Makefile.nmake and config.nmake to rip out all the
> > stuff that deals with older versions? That would make my life with the
> > CMake work on Windows somewhat easier  ;-)

> Could not we keep at least VS2010 but change the default to VS2013 (if
> everybody agree)? I find it a quite drastic change to drop all older
> compilers suddenly... This is not something we have done in the past.

I wouldn't mind that either - in that case I would not need to update my
Windows build box right now :-)

Btw, I've already found out that without updated setup instructions for the
wsdg it would probably take me way too much time to do the upgrade from 2010
to 2013.

Yep I misread Pascal's email.  VS2010 will still be supported.

I'll try to post some new instructions here tonight.  Pretty trivial really.

--
Graham Bloice