Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Oldest version of VS supported?

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 19:39:55 +0200
On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 06:20:48PM +0100, Graham Bloice wrote:
> On 24 July 2014 18:08, Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > IIRC there was some discussion which versions of VS should still be
> > supported,
> > but I failed to find it in the archives. So, was there some consensus
> > which is
> > the oldest version we are going to support with master?
> >

> I brought up the issue of moving to VS2013 for master, and separately
> dropping info from the (master) docs for earlier than VS2010.
>
> I didn't see any requests for support to build with earlier than 2010,
> although Guy did wonder about the doc changes, but no real conclusion was
> reached.
>
> Personally I would make 2013 the minimum supported for master.

Hmm, OK. So we need an updated developer's guide setup section. I will try
to update my Windows vom 2010 to 2013 and see how it goes - just have to
find out how to snapshot the VM first ;->
Could you update Makefile.nmake and config.nmake to rip out all the
stuff that deals with older versions? That would make my life with the
CMake work on Windows somewhat easier  ;-)

Thanks
   Jörg