Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Backport to 1.1 Change in wireshark[master-1.12]: ssl: add S

From: Peter Wu <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2014 19:49:02 +0200
(Alexis, no need to cc me on my gmail, Google has already enough data ;))

On Thursday 03 July 2014 18:26:29 Graham Bloice wrote:
> On 3 July 2014 18:20, Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm OK to backport this serie of patch to 1.12
> >
> > Other core ?
> >
> > I want also try to also add to backport 1.12 change about HTTP2
> > (include nghttp2 lib)
>
> I wouldn't like to backport nghttp2 until we get the build for that cleaned
> up.  I have the change for that ready to go, just awaiting your updates to
> the library itself.  Doesn't git cope with moves though, so you should be
> OK if I make my change first?  The only thing I haven't checked is dist
> building stuff, in case that needs to know the files have moved.

git works fine for this, make a separate branch for your changes. Commit
often (with meaningful changes, try to avoid introducing huge changes over the
same code), then rebase periodically against the latest master. The advantage
of separate commits is that it makes handling merge conflicts (if any) easier
as you only have to look at a single commit instead of a huge diff.

So, any problems with merging the ssl changes? Could I get some +1 so it can
be merged? (all changes are backports which were reviewed before if it wasn't
already clear).

Kind regards,
Peter
https://lekensteyn.nl