Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] How to define HAVE_SSE42 with autotools?

From: Anders Broman <anders.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 17:06:24 +0000

-----Original Message-----

Yes I guess...

>And will the compiler generate code for those intrinsics, using the SSE 4.2 instructions, even if you haven't told it, with a command-line option, to generate SSE 4.2 code in general?  Or does the >compiler not do a good job of supporting choosing whether to use SSE 4.2 instructions at run time rather than at compile time?

I have recently added some macros I found that define HAVE_SSE4_2 so at least the stuff compiles now on all the buildbots(I think).

I'm not sure if there should be a command line option or not. But ideally we should compile ws_mempbrk_sse42.c if the compiler supports it and check cpu_info() at runtime to use it or not.

Regards
Anders