Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Patch] make-version.pl

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 14:34:44 -0400
On 06/04/14 07:28, Gisle Vanem wrote:
The 'Editor modelines' at end of make-version.pl should not be printed.
E.g. 'perl make-version.pl -h' prints this garbage at the end:
  Options can be used in any combination. If none are specified --set-svn
  is assumed.

  # # Editor modelines - http://www.wireshark.org/tools/modelines.html # #
  Local variables: # c-basic-offset: 8 # tab-width: 8 # indent-tabs-mode:
  t # End: # # vi: set shiftwidth=8 tabstop=8 noexpandtab: #
  :indentSize=8:tabSize=8:noTabs=false: # #

My Strawberry Perl (on Win-XP) doesn't convert Unix endings to
DOS-endings here. Not sure if it should do that in this Pod-section? (I
don't know Perl that well).
Anyway, a '=cut' fixes this here:

I found this email and submitted your patch to Gerrit for you:

https://code.wireshark.org/review/2113

In the future it would be easier (and more reliable) if you can submit them directly yourself.