Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] how to decode a packet based on the flags in the previous packet

Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 07:37:06 -0700
Hello All,

I am writing a dissector. The captured traffic has a request packet and a response packet. How the response should be decoded depends on the information in the previous request packet.  The request contains a few bytes that I want to read and use it in decoding the response packet.

Are there any functions that allow me to do so? Can anybody please show me these functions or an example. You help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Qiaoyin Yang
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc.