Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] error encountered during compilation on windows

From: Anders Broman <anders.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 11:42:17 +0000

From: wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rahul Rohit
Sent: den 11 februari 2014 11:26
To: Developer support list for Wireshark
Subject: Re: [Wireshark-dev] error encountered during compilation on windows

Hello,

<<< If this is the first time you have tried to build Wireshark, then the usual advice is to go back and read the Developers Guide again and make sure you are following the prescribed method exactly as written because it does work for many people.>>

<No, this is not the first time, I often make builds.

<<< If you have done that, or you have previously built Wireshark successfully, is your copy of the sources modified in any way?  If so can you compile an unmodified version without the changes? >>

<In all the previous cases , after getting the error when I commented  'WS_MSVC_NORETURN'(in except.h) before ‘except_throwd', 'except_throwf', 'except_rethrow’, 'except_throwf’ functions it worked.

So you haven’t managed to build vanilla Wireshark without *any* modifications?

Regards

Anders