Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] error encountered during compilation on windows

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 09:49:07 +0000
On 11 February 2014 07:41, Rahul Rohit <rahul.rohit@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

During the build of wireshark  exe in windows machice(32 bit) we get the following errors.

epan\except.h(97) : error C2054: expected '(' to follow 'WS_MSVC_NORETURN'

epan\except.h(97) : error C2085: 'except_rethrow' : not in formal parameter list

epan\except.h(98) : error C2082: redefinition of formal parameter 'WS_MSVC_NORETURN'

epan\except.h(98) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before 'type'

epan\except.h(98) : error C2085: 'except_throw' : not in formal parameter list

epan\except.h(99) : error C2082: redefinition of formal parameter 'WS_MSVC_NORETURN'

epan\except.h(99) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before 'type'

epan\except.h(99) : error C2085: 'except_throwd' : not in formal parameter list

epan\except.h(100) : error C2082: redefinition of formal parameter 'WS_MSVC_NORETURN'

epan\except.h(100) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before 'type'

epan\except.h(100) : error C2085: 'except_throwf' : not in formal parameter list.

Please help me on this issue.

Hi Rahul,

If this is the first time you have tried to build Wireshark, then the usual advice is to go back and read the Developers Guide again and make sure you are following the prescribed method exactly as written because it does work for many people.

If you have done that, or you have previously built Wireshark successfully, is your copy of the sources modified in any way?  If so can you compile an unmodified version without the changes?

If you have recently updated your sources have you tried "nmake -f Makefile.nmake distclean" first?

What method did you use obtain your sources?

Finally, if you can't get any further, please attach the entire output of "nmake -f Makefile.nmake verify_tools" and then the complete output of "nmake -f Makefile.nmake".

Regards,

Graham