Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Git + Gerrit: next steps

From: Dario Lombardo <dario.lombardo.ml@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 09:31:55 +0100
On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 8:51 PM, Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
BTW, I *might* be able to have Gerrit's SSH daemon listen on port 22
instead of 29418. Would this be useful?

In testing/lab/home networks access to outside is normally open (or can be opened). That means that port 80, 22, 443 or XXX is allowed. In corporate networks web access is always granted through proxies, while other traffic is not allowed. My opinion is that ssh port doesn't make the difference. The difference is made by the http write access, that is the most common channel.