Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Git + Gerrit: next steps

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 16:12:20 -0800
I'm assuming everyone has had a chance to test the Gerrit installation
at test.code.wireshark.org If you haven't, now might be a good time.
Unless anyone thinks that moving to Git+Gerrit is an absolutely horrific
idea I'm going to start the process of migrating from Subversion. The
timeline looks roughly like this:

Preparation (next few days, early January):

1. Create a Gerrit instance at code.wireshark.org.
2. Create a read-only Git repository at code.wireshark.org/wireshark.
3. Install, configure and test Buildbot, Bugzilla, and Github
   integration.

Flag day (mid to late January):

1. Make the read-write Subversion repository read-only.
2. Sync Subversion to Git one last time.
3. Enable write access on code.wireshark.org/wireshark.

We've been using Subversion for nearly ten years[1]. I realize this is a
big change and I'll do my best to make the transition as smooth as possible.

[1] http://www.wireshark.org/lists/ethereal-dev/200407/msg00263.html