Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Building on Windows with CMake: Status and help needed

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 01:22:16 +0200
> > > This is undoubtedly about the fact that Makefile.nmake copies lots of
> > > DLLs and etc to a separate "run" directory.
> > >
> > > The exe's won't run from the build dir on Windows.
> > >
> > > See install_all: target in Makefile.nmake (top-level)

> > > # "install-all" will copy all files needed to run Wireshark/Tshark
> > > # to the INSTALL_DIR, so you can run/debug Wireshark/Tshark from there.
> > > install-all: install-generated-files
> >
> > Dependency Walker (www.dependencywalker.com) is pretty useful for
> > finding dependent DLLs.
> >

> I forgot to mention that when I mentioned "dumpbin /dependants" earlier.

I think I've found an easier solution to run inside the source tree:
Just the the PATH variable to all the libdirs. So far I have only tried
this manually but I've finally managed to run capinfos (and get the
usage output :-)
If I find the time I'll add automatic PATH modification tomorrow evening,
the idea is something like:
check whether path has already been modified. if not:

Feel free to beat me to it ;-)

Good night

   Jörg