Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Building on Windows with CMake: Status and help needed

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2013 19:35:19 -0400
On 10/6/2013 7:27 PM, Joerg Mayer wrote:
The executables now compile and link except the gtk and qt guis.
I have not yet been able to run the executables as running the binaries
inside the build tree doesn't seem to work (unlike on linux).
Ideas how to get this to work?

Thanks
    Jörg

This is undoubtedly about the fact that Makefile.nmake copies lots of DLLs and etc to a separate "run" directory.

The exe's won't run from the build dir on Windows.

See install_all: target in Makefile.nmake (top-level)

# "install-all" will copy all files needed to run Wireshark/Tshark
# to the INSTALL_DIR, so you can run/debug Wireshark/Tshark from there.
install-all: install-generated-files

Bill