Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 50896: / /trunk/doc/: README.qt /tru

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 11:41:09 -0700
On 7/25/13 5:24 PM, Evan Huus wrote:
> Nevermind, found the missing location and added it in r50898.
>
> The Qt port has way too many build steps you have to update right now...

We currently support qmake (and Qt Creator), Autotools, and CMake in
ui/qt. We might be able to get qmake to use Makefile.common (e.g. by
adding "!include( Makefile.common ) to QtShark.pro" but this would start
unraveling the next time anyone added a new class or form inside Qt
Creator. We could also go the other direction and have qmake generate
our file lists from QtShark.pro:

unix {
    COMMON_INC = "$$PWD/Makefile.common.qt"
    system(echo "$$LITERAL_HASH Automatically generated by \
        qmake + QtShark.pro. Do not edit" > $$COMMON_INC)
    system(echo "WIRESHARK_QT_SRC = " $$SOURCES >> $$COMMON_INC)
    system(echo "MOC_HDRS = " $$HEADERS >> $$COMMON_INC)
    system(echo "UI_FILES = " $$FORMS >> $$COMMON_INC)
}

I'd be OK with either solution.

BTW, it looks like you can pull Makefile-style definitions into CMake.
This would make maintenance easier everywhere, not just in ui/qt:

https://github.com/berenm/xoreos/blob/a187e94eca041c7c53c76e943483fcaa612cbf4a/cmake/CMakeAM.cmake