Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Cmake on Win32/64

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 14:19:41 +0100
On 24 July 2013 10:41, Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 24 July 2013 03:00, Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I've finally succeeded in my first Wireshark build on Win. Next steps will
be the installation of cmake and starting work on detecting the packages
installed when following the quick setup chapter in the wsdg.
Any hints questions and help are more than welcome!

Finding packages required some changes, I've attached a patch with mine, note however that I've hard-coded the path to my wireshark libs directory (in cmake\modules\FindWSWinLibs.cmake), that needs some improvement.

With this patch I can generate a VS .sln file, but the compiler flags are wrong and the include dirs aren't correct either.  I've started on fixing CMakeLists.txt for that but I've now got conflicts with the recent OSX\clang stuff so I need to sort it out a bit.  I started by trying to get the wsutil project to compile first comparing the flags and includes from the nmake build.

Another thing to look at is to group the projects in the solution file, at the moment you just get a flat list of 43 projects. See http://athile.net/library/blog/?p=288 for more info.  At the minimum I'd like to see separate folders for the plugins and each executable.

Graham

And here is the modified CMakeLists.txt where I've made a start on fixing the compiler flags and definitions for Windows.  Doesn't work at present.