Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] QtShark project

From: Anders Broman <a.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 21:29:33 +0200
Evan Huus skrev 2013-05-28 20:30:
On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 2:27 PM, Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 05/28/13 09:42, Thomas ERSFELD wrote:
Hello everyone,

I have been chosen by you to complete this interesting project that is
QtShark. I'm 21 years old and currently studying Computer Science in
Strasbourg.

Welcome!

I already have created a wiki page that I will maintain to keep a track
of the progression of the project.

http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/QtShark

My task for the next days will be to make a check-up of the current
QtShark: what is working, not working and what is demanding (more) work.

The "challenge" to apply was to implement the Summary dialog in the
Statistics menu. I have to check the bugs in it (compile in
Windows/Linux/Mac OS, and see if everything is working properly).

I have added a new button to refresh the dialog with new infos and maybe
implement an option to auto-refresh the dialog x times per
secondes/minutes. What do you think about this ?

Hmmm, I never would have thought of needing a "refresh" for this window.  I
suppose the statistics might be interesting to watch during a live capture
but I'm not sure...
I think in general the things in the window which change will do so on
new packets being received. In this case the window should be able to
get events the same way (I assume) the status bar already does.

Evan
I think the summary was designed with loaded captures in mind I'm not sure making it into something else is a good idea. Statistical info from live capture (if interesting) should perhaps be done differently.
Anders