Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] QtShark project

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 14:27:21 -0400
On 05/28/13 09:42, Thomas ERSFELD wrote:
Hello everyone,

I have been chosen by you to complete this interesting project that is
QtShark. I'm 21 years old and currently studying Computer Science in
Strasbourg.

Welcome!

I already have created a wiki page that I will maintain to keep a track
of the progression of the project.

http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/QtShark

My task for the next days will be to make a check-up of the current
QtShark: what is working, not working and what is demanding (more) work.

The "challenge" to apply was to implement the Summary dialog in the
Statistics menu. I have to check the bugs in it (compile in
Windows/Linux/Mac OS, and see if everything is working properly).

I have added a new button to refresh the dialog with new infos and maybe
implement an option to auto-refresh the dialog x times per
secondes/minutes. What do you think about this ?

Hmmm, I never would have thought of needing a "refresh" for this window. I suppose the statistics might be interesting to watch during a live capture but I'm not sure...

Also, I was thinking of a new design for it, the dialog is very long, so
it is not efficient to display it in a small resolution. So I have
thought about tabs to separate the different things.

Here some screenshots about the new design :
http://imgur.com/jWGCKEw,zDRGoW6
http://imgur.com/jWGCKEw,zDRGoW6#1

I like the tabs (and the general look of the windows). :-)