Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] SRP dissector for wireshark

From: ronnie sahlberg <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 08:29:33 -0800
SCSI dissection in wireshark is a bit different than most other protocols.
There is no real protocol handler, instead you call out directly to
the "dissect CDB", "dissect data-in" "dissect data-out"  "dissect
sense" etc.

In order to do this you also need to collect some additional metadata
and track things like conversations etc.
But this should be fairly straightforward.

SCSI dissector is called today from at least :
iSCSI, FCP, NDMP, USB,  and a handful of other layers too.

Have a look at the iSCSI dissector. I think that should be a good
example on how / what to track and how to invoke the SCSI dissection.