Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Lemon on a clean build

From: Gilbert Ramirez <gram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 09:13:55 -0800
On a "zero-touch re-build" (what I call a re-build after having changed nothing), I see these steps being performed (in different directories):

1)
  PERL     svnversion.h

2)
  LEMON    grammar.h
  CC     grammar.lo
  CCLD   libdfilter.la

3)

  LEMON    dtd_grammar.h
  CC     dtd_grammar.lo
  CCLD   libwireshark.la

4)
  LEMON    mate_grammar.h
  CC     mate_grammar.lo
  CCLD   mate.la

5)
  PERL     svnversion.h
(yes, once again)

6)

  CCLD   tshark
  CCLD   dftest
  CCLD   rawshark
(expected, if a few *.lo's were re-built)

If I chdir to epan/dfilter, and run a 0-touch rebuild ,twice, I see 2 different outputs:

$~/prj/wireshark-trunk/epan/dfilter$ make
  LEMON    grammar.h

$ ~/prj/wireshark-trunk/epan/dfilter$ make
  LEMON    grammar.h
  CC     grammar.lo
  CCLD   libdfilter.la

So, yes, something is wrong with these dependencies. I'll take a look.

Gilbert